To begin, what is a Soberlink?
Portable breathalyzers with wireless communication, like the Soberlink gadget, employ the most advanced technology. In order to ensure that only the individual being tested is able to use the gadget; facial recognition software has been included. Other safeguards against tampering help to guarantee the accuracy and dependability of the procedure.
People who are recognized as failing a test can be contacted right away thanks to real-time reporting to designated monitoring parties like spouses, friends, or anyone you choose.
1. Level 1 of Soberlink
Level 1 is used when testing is only needed during the period when the child is under the direct supervision of a parent. In a co-parenting arrangement, testing may be simply adapted to accommodate the shifting schedules that come with it. When monitored client is with their children, they are simply required to take exams.
2. Level 2 of Soberlink
Even if a parent isn't with their children, the Experts @Soberlink Level 2 program needs daily testing. The best approach to keep track of someone who needs more frequent checks on their sobriety is to have a fixed plan in place. The Soberlink System keeps track of planned tests and delivers SMS alerts to users as a courtesy. It also records failures. A Level 2 participant is expected to take three to four exams each day while awake.
What is Soberlink's function?
- It has an electrochemical fuel cell sensor on a small handheld device. When a breath sample is provided, this sensor delivers a response that is directly proportional to the Breath Alcohol Concentration (BAC).
- There is Dart Sensors, one of the major makers of fuel cell technology and widely employed by law enforcement organizations in the United States.
- It is possible to identify if a breath sample is human by using proprietary technology. An alert will be sent to the designated contacts if the sample is found to be incompatible with human breath.
- For each test, the gadget employs face recognition to verify the identity of the user. That user's identification will not be accepted for that test, and alarms will be sent out if that is the case.
- Results are sent to a cloud-based site through cellular coverage after the test. A test is time-stamped and archived in the event that cellular connectivity is lost in an area. Soberlink's web interface then immediately uploads the file to the server.
Divorce and sober living
- The usage of Soberlink Devices in family law courts is widespread in the United States.
- Child custody may be affected by charges of drug and alcohol misuse in specific circumstances. As part of their mission to safeguard the best interests of the children, family courts take a conservative stance on custody issues.
- Soberlink employs the same fuel cell technology that police officers use in early DWI testing. It is also possible to use these results in a divorce hearing or family law trial in most cases.
When it comes to divorce, what is the role of Soberlink?
- In many child custody battles, the issue of alcoholism is brought up.
- With little information, judges and custody mediators must make tough choices concerning custody and visitation.
- He said, she said is commonly the outcome when there is a lack of proof. Alcohol monitoring can be ordered by the courts in order to gather objective evidence of a person's alcohol use patterns.
- Soberlink can help in this situation. An economical and accurate testing platform like Soberlink makes it feasible to add more details to the record.
- Both the accused and the accuser might benefit from this form of alcohol monitoring.
When it comes to family law, what are the benefits of Soberlink?
Soberlink provides various advantages over other monitoring methods when it comes to custody cases that need alcohol monitoring:
- Testing can be done seven days a week or only when parents are available to have their children tested.
- Reporting that is easy to comprehend and intuitive makes it easier to submit to family law courts.
- Only Soberlink provides real-time facial recognition for use in family law.
- When someone tries to tamper with a device, numerous technologies are activated, alerting the user.
- There is also a family law support team and family law agreements available via Soberlink to ensure that both parents understand and agree to the parameters of the testing before it begins.