A toilet to bidet conversion kit is essential in almost all bathrooms and at home. They came about due to the need for more hygienic toilets, which are now common in areas with a lot of public bathing. Moreover, the bidet has been used in many countries, which means that it is also essential to know what you are getting into before you attempt it nowadays as opposed to several decades ago.
Some places would need you to hire a professional to install the said toilet installation kit. However, other areas are straightforward when it comes to the installation. The process of putting together the components is easy and can be done by almost anyone who is patient and follows instructions carefully.
You may have a friend or a neighbor who has had experience with this before, so you can also ask for help from them when you need to install your toilet bidet conversion kit.
Another way to install the kit is to use the instructions that come with it. You will find it there, so don't throw it away if you buy a ready-to-install toilet bidet. Reading through the step-by-step instructions carefully is essential to avoid any problems during installation. It's best if you read through the instructions as a precautionary measure, even after you have already completed installing your toilet bidet conversion kit.
Know the Components
Knowing all the components of your toilet bidet conversion kit is good. However, don't let its small size fool you, as it has many moving parts and widgets vital to its operation. If you need clarification when you look at it, take a photo of all the components and their positions on your toilet seat. After doing this, you can study the image and try to recall where they belong while unboxing them.
You may find that one of the components needs to be included or that you have a different type of component. Ensure you get the suitable toilet bidet conversion kit for your size, water flow, and mounting place. If you get one that doesn't fit your toilet seat, it will be useless since you can't install it since there will be no way to secure all the parts on your seat at once.
Things to Keep in Mind While Using a Bidet
- Always turn on the faucet first. You can use the water to wash your genital area before you activate the bidet. This is meant to prepare you for the fact that a lot of water would come from it.
- Wait to press both buttons at a time. This will cause excessive water to come out, and it is not hygienic to get soaked in this way.
- Always check the water temperature before sitting on the bidet. It's a good idea to train yourself to only sit down after determining that it is in a temperate environment.
- Always do the cleansing first before using the bidet functions. The bidet functions are only used for comfort and not as a primary cleaning method.
- Make sure that you clean the water tank after every use. It is to ensure that there would be no build-up of molds on your bidet container.
- After removing the water from your tank, store it in a place that is easy to access. The best place to keep it is indoors or in an area where it would be easily accessible.
Are You Saving Money with a Bidet?
The cost for a bidet may vary from place to place. You can usually find these kits for around $30 – $100. The price for the equipment will depend on the brand and quality of the components that come with it, so definitely find out about the details before buying one.
The Bottom Line
A toilet bidet is a unique item for more hygienic purposes. Shopping for the perfect bidet should be done from a place that sells high-quality materials and provides detailed installation instructions. There will always be benefits for you if you invest in one of these toilet installations.