Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka and one of the fastest-growing metropolitan in India. Bangalore is welcoming 100s of students and working employees and all these migrants have one common problem that is finding the appropriate place to live. The population moving to Bangalore is a mix of gents and ladies therefore both the category of paying guests are available- 1. Paying guests for gents and 2. Paying guest for ladies in the city now. The first step in the search process is to clear a few important points like the budget, location, category of the paying guest and amenities you do not want to compromise on, and then you can start the search.
4 ways of finding a good pg in Bangalore
The cheapest and the best way to locate a good pg in Bangalore is via an internet search. There are multiple platforms and applications available where people put ads for pg with all the details and pictures, making it convenient to compare between available options.
You can search on any of the available portals with the category and location detail as per requirements, for example, pg in electronic city phase 1, will give you all the options available in that area. Once the search is done on the internet next step is to compare if the property amenities match your checklist, and then talk to the owner/broker to set up a meeting to check the property.
Social media is not just restricted to posting pictures or sending messages, it can also be used for posting advertisements. Social media as a tool is very powerful and has no boundaries, you can post your requirements on social media, and if the requirements of the pg owner and the tenant match, you can finalize the deal there itself.
Owners of the property also post ads on these social media groups to connect with the people who are on the look for a good pg, and surprisingly a lot of people use these groups nowadays.
Look for a roommate:
This option depends on the category of the room you are looking for, if you want a sharing room then this is an option for you. Instead of identifying the location, look for the person you want to share your room with. A good roommate is like a blessing in disguise because your roommate is your family when you are far away from home.
Word of mouth is the best way to find a roommate, you can talk to your friends, subordinates, or even your seniors at work or college who are staying in a pg. The owners of the pg and the tenant prefers this mode of search as they don’t have to pay any extra cost for this medium. Another aspect of moving into a pg is verification of the person which becomes easy when you move in with the reference of someone who is already staying in that pg or knows the owner.
The agents/brokers have a very good connection in the areas in which they deal because of which they can show you multiple options available at that time. Normally the agents charge 15 – 30 days of rent as their brokerage.
The property owners or the tenants who are not very well versed with the internet prefer the brokers/agents for property searching which makes it convenient for these people involved.
The communication process for the agent remains the same for example, you just need to tell him you want a pg in electronic city phase 1 for gents and the agent will do the rest.
It is just the same as the internet process, but the process on the internet is easier and faster because you get to compare all the details without even talking to the owner.
There are a few points that are to be taken care of while searching for a pg –
- If you are opting for an agent/broker, always double-check if he actually has connections in the locality where you want to shift and their brokerage which should be as per the market practice.
- While doing the searches on the internet make sure you choose the correct platform which is known to people in that region and can be trusted to avoid any chances of fraud.
- When looking for a roommate, do verify if that person is like-minded and as per your checklist.
- Posting advertisements can lead to a lot of spam emails/messages, so make sure that your post clearly states the location and your required amenities so that you don’t waste your time on that.
- Due to the corona outbreak in the past, make sure the rooms and the property are properly sanitized and clean to move in.
- The location you have selected can be spread in a bigger radius, so it is important to check the actual location of the pg and if it will be feasible for you to commute from there.
- The documentation and advance for the pg should be as per the market practice, and if you are not aware of it, you can always talk to other people and confirm.