Almond oil boosts immunity, improves bowel movement, and stabilizes cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It softens and brightens the skin and nourishes the hair. Of course, for a deeper effect on the skin of the face, you should turn to mesotherapy products. Meanwhile, apply almond oil to your skin and hair or spritz it on your salad or breakfast to benefit from this nutty panacea. You can also use this product as a natural body tan (SPF 5).
Mandatory, costly, time-consuming clinic visits can be reduced with increased knowledge of time-tested natural ingredients such as almond oil. With the rise in popularity of natural remedies for common benign health problems, this ancient Chinese, Unani and Ayurvedic solution is now getting the attention it deserves. Spa with almond oil for skin, hair, and colon problems, among other benefits.
Almond oil is obtained from the pressed mature seeds of the almond tree. There are 2 types – sweet and bitter. Bitter almond oil contains a cyanide compound that imparts a bitter taste. This compound is toxic and must be extracted for human use of the oil. Sweet almond oil lacks cyanide, which is why the most commercially available almond oils – in cosmetics, ointments, and cooking oils – are sweet almond oils.
Almond oil for skin
This product has now been reserving its position in the skin department for many centuries. It contains folic acid, alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E), and zinc, all of which help treat skin problems. Here are some common skin problems almond oil can help you keep at bay:
- Reduces acne: Deserving a place at the top of all skin problems, acne has both physical and emotional consequences. Almond oil can reduce inflammation associated with acne by reducing redness and swelling. This makes almond oil especially suitable for teenage girls suffering from puberty acne.
- Moisturizing dry skin: There is historical evidence of the use of almond oil in ancient Chinese, Ayurvedic and Greek-Persian schools of medicine to treat dry skin such as psoriasis and eczema. While you may not be suffering from a serious skin condition, you can use almond oil as a moisturizer during the winter, or if you tend to have dry skin, apply it to prevent your skin from looking flaky.
- Fading Scars: Folklore and clinical trials take the same stance when it comes to almond oil's therapeutic effects on hypertrophic scars – raised post-surgery scars resulting from cuts or wounds, body piercings, burns, or acne. Almond oil promotes the growth of new cells, and smoothes and rejuvenates the skin.
- Lighten dark circles: almond oil has emollient (softening skin tone) and sclerosant (target tissues break down) properties. For this, it can improve your skin and give your face a nice glow. Its use has been extended to get rid of dark circles under the eyes and dark spots caused by overexposure to the sun.
- Prevents wrinkles and sunburn: Studies conducted on mice have shown that almond oil prevents UV-induced skin damage and slows down the photoaging process. Wrinkle formation, a natural consequence of aging, increases in the sun. Serving as a natural sun block (SPF 5), almond oil can help slow the formation of wrinkles and tanning. Although its SPF is not very high, its nourishing effects are positively overpowering.
- Reducing stretch marks: A study in Turkey showed that regular 15-minute massages with bitter almond oil during the 19th to 32nd week of pregnancy reduced pregnancy stretch marks by as much as 80%. Simply apply almond oil, without massaging, reducing stretch marks by about 60%.
How to use almond oil for skin
Almond oil is best for dry to normal skin. With a cotton swab, apply it to the areas you want to work its magic. For example, below your eyes for dark circles, acne, scars, and stretch marks. Leave overnight and wash off with cold water in the morning.
It is generally not recommended to use almond oil as a face moisturizer applying it all over the face as it can increase oiliness and contribute to clogged pores. You can massage it into your body for 30 minutes before taking a shower.
For the best look of your skin, you should definitely check out Bee Queen page for more variety of personal care products.