What are girls most stressed about besides their big wedding day? What Halloween makeup and costume to choose! You can’t just throw a dinosaur or a “Space Doody” outfit (sorry Ross) instead you want to look cool, sexy, or smart!
If you are a true Halloween makeup lover you never say “screw it”, you want something glamorous, glittery and quick to apply, especially if it’s a last-minute Halloween party. Although Halloween is pretty much far away, we just cannot help it and not try new makeup looks in advance.
How to decide which Halloween makeup look you want to adorn?
The costume is not the difficult part; you can even stitch it up or improvise with your last year’s costume. However, Halloween makeup is another thing. You cannot repeat last year’s makeup look and deep down you are already planning which makeup palette you want to buy so you can face paint perfectly.
You either get inspired by a strong female character (could even be a vamp) or a cute Disney princess look, it all depends on your taste and choice.
We love dramatic makeup look!
Makeup is an art that only females can understand (and some guys) so we have picked up some of the coolest and easiest makeup looks you can try for the upcoming Halloween.
Spidery Makeup look
Some girls going crazy with their Halloween makeup looks. Crazy enough to paint spiders on the face!
On the bright side, you need really basic makeup tools to cast this look and you do not need to be a perfect makeup expert either.
The look is quite easy to create (with whatever twist you want to add); all you need is a good eyeliner. Black and white eyeliners are two of the most basic colors you will need to create this look.
- Start with applying casual winged eyeliner (if you do not want to opt for a colored eye shadow).
- Using free-hand stroke lines across the lid (upward and downward). Fan out the spidery legs as much as you want. Make sure they are angled out.
- Add a touch of white eyeliner at random points
- Add a colored lower lash liner (let’s say green or red) to give it a much creative look.
- Fan out the lashes with mac mascara and you are all done!
You can even do the same steps around your lips and add the crimson shade to your lips for a more dramatic look.
Smokey Eye Skeleton Makeup Look
Another creepy Halloween makeup look is on the way and this time it’s the traditional skeleton look with a smokey eye.
Smokey eyes are always the favorite ones and well who doesn’t love them? You can add a sultry touch to it too. What you need to do is;
- A strong base for your skin (a shade lighter will work for this look)
- The use of shadows and mist is a big part of this look, so for a hollowed-out eye put as much brown base eye shadow on the eyelid and around it.
- Then use black eye shadow as a second coating on your eyes and under your lower lashes.
- Use cake eyeliner and draw the pinch black skeleton nose on the tip of your nose.
- For lips, use a nude color lipstick.
- Add stitch lines with a black lipstick (yes those are available in the market) with help of lip liner brush.
You can either make your look super scary or add a bit of sexiness around.
Cheshire Cat Makeup Look
You’ve got to admit there’s always someone dressed as a cat woman with a classic look (which can quickly become boring). Try a Cheshire cat makeup look for the day. it’s super colorful to look at with two favorite most colors; purple and pink with a green lens!
How to do the Cheshire cat makeup;
- Apply a natural base all over your face and neck.
- Use a light mauve shade and use transition color at the crease of the eyelid.
- Move on to a darker mauve shade on your eyelid followed by a deeper purple in the middle of the eyelid. You can add up an electric pink touch at the centermost and fan it on your eyelid.
- Add winged eyeliner and sharpen the inner lids with a white liner to give your eyes a cat-eye look.
- For contour use the shades of purple for major highlight around your nose and cheekbones with pink shade touch-ups. Use a darker purple shade from Mac using a small eyeliner brush to cover the tip of your nose.
- And last add a wide mouth makeup with help of black cake liner, draw a wide smile around your lips, use black and white colors to paint teeth.
It may sound a bit time taking but trust me; it’s a simple makeup look you want to try this Halloween.
Wonder Women Halloween Makeup Look
If you are not a fan of spooky makeup maybe you need a touch of superpower! Wonder Woman is the most topmost rated look for the year, all thanks to Gal Gadot. Many are inspired by this DC Comic’s character.
This Halloween makeup look is simple and straightforward with no flashy colors;
- Start with a quick foundation and avoid applying too much of it.
- Use beige tones to contour your facial features. You need to make the nose tip look sharper to achieve the satisfaction of perfection.
- Add some natural-looking but a subtle dark eye shadow to give your eyes a deeper look. Fan the eye shadow outward.
- Use a white powder from your favorite most base palette to highlight your eyes.
- Contour your chin and jawline with a bit darker tone, to make your face more defined.
- Use bronzer on your cheeks and use a tad bit of highlighter on upper cheekbones and the ti of your nose for a sun-kissed look.
- Fill your lips with natural beige lip color to make them more prominent and yet give lips a natural look.
Oh and don’t forget to add big curly waves to your hair and spray a good quality heath spray so that curls remain intact.
Now doesn’t all of that sound exciting enough? What do you think? Which of this four Halloween makeup looks you will be trying for the year 2020?