Makeup is known to be the ultimate beauty enhancer. But it has also been found to have long-term, damaging effects on the skin when not used properly.
But, before tackling that, you should know the importance of making your face look more natural and younger. In most cases, it has something to do with beautifying and lifting your eyebrows Like other parts of your face, your eyebrows provide balance to your eyes and face, making you look better. You can make this essential part of your face appear cool and polished by lifting it. Fortunately, aside from using brow lift treatments, giving your eyebrows an instant lift can also be done through makeup. However, in doing so, you need to exercise caution in using makeup products as not all of them are safe for your skin.
Your skin needs the appropriate care for it to be healthy and appealing, especially if you use makeup. If you wear makeup daily, for instance, not removing it completely before sleeping may clog your pores, resulting in breakouts and other skin problems.
From investing in quality cosmetic brands like Chanel makeup online to practicing skin cleansing rituals, here are the 10 best makeup tips you should start practicing now to keep your skin healthy and young-looking.
1. Buy high-quality makeup
Your beauty regimen is as good as the skincare products you use. Quality products will enhance the appearance and texture of your skin while protecting it from the harmful effects of pollutants, sun exposure, and other elements that can damage your skin.
High-quality brands like Chanel promise safety and efficiency. They also offer formulations for specific skin types or issues. You are also assured of product quality and can reasonably expect your skin to respond favorably to their different offerings.
Other benefits of using Hybrid Beauty Products include:
- Controlling breakouts: High-quality skincare products will help prevent acne while protecting the skin from potential damage and scarring. They may contain high concentrations of safe, effective ingredients, thereby preventing negative side effects like skin dryness, which can stimulate breakouts.
- Improving skin elasticity: Great makeup contains ingredients that boost the amount of collagen in the skin. They may also have high concentrations of compounds that prevent wrinkles and delay other signs of skin aging.
2. Use the right brushes
Besides buying quality products, you should also invest in quality tools. The application process would be a lot better if you use proper brushes for applying your cosmetics.
Some brushes you should have in your beauty kit include:
- Foundation brush
- Blush brush
- Concealer brush
- Eyeshadow brush
- Powder brush
- Small blending brush
- Lip brush
3. Understand cosmetic labels
Before using any product, make sure to read the label, including the warnings or contraindications, list of ingredients, and tips for using it safely.
Moreover familiarize yourself with the following terms:
- Organic or natural: 10 Best Makeup This refers to how the product ingredients are sourced. Organic means that the ingredients are farmed or grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, parabens, or antibiotics. On the other hand, natural means that the product components are derived from mineral, plant, or animal by-products. To clear any doubts, you need to check the ingredients all the way to the bottom of the list because this is usually where synthetic ingredients (if any) are listed.
- Hypoallergenic: Manufacturers use this term to inform buyers that their products will be less likely to cause allergic reactions.
- Shelf life: This refers to how long you should expect a product to act or look as expected and remain safe to use. The shelf life of makeup products varies depending on the type of cosmetics and how it’s used and stored.
4. Completely remove your makeup before sleeping
According to skorbeauty.com, makeup applies easier on healthy skin, so don’t neglect your skincare!
Keeping your makeup on overnight harms your skin in the following ways:
- Trapping environmental pollutants like dirt inside the skin, resulting in premature aging over time
- Clogging the pores, thereby leading to acne
- Interfering with the skin’s natural exfoliation or shedding process
- Harboring harmful pathogens, resulting in irritated skin and inflamed eyes
The best way to stop these skin-related problems from arising is to remove your makeup completely before sleeping. You may get rid of makeup effectively in two steps:
- Use a makeup remover: Start by taking off all the makeup from the face.
- Apply a facial cleanser: This will ensure you remove even deep-seated bacteria and dirt, and other cosmetic leftovers.
By cleaning your face gently and thoroughly, you are helping your skin to maximize the repair and renewal processes during sleep.
5. Always use moisturizer
A moisturizer is a vital part of your beauty kit, regardless of your skin type. It is crucial that you keep your skin hydrated, especially after cleansing.
Benefits of applying moisturizers include:
- Preventing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Balancing oil production in your skin
- Facilitating better face makeup application
6. Don’t forget your sunscreen
Like moisturizer, sunscreen must be treated as an essential layer in your skincare regimen. Apply it after you moisturize and before putting on your makeup.
The benefits of using sunscreen daily include:
- Protection for your skin from harmful UV rays
- Lowering the risk for skin cancer
- Preventing signs of premature skin aging
- Maintaining an even skin tone
7. Never share makeup and tools
If you are used to sharing your makeup and brushes or using other people’s makeup, now is the best time to stop doing so. If you keep this habit, you’ll be risking your health — especially your skin’s. Sharing or trading makeup products like mascara, eyeliners, eyeshadows, or lipstick, can lead to medical conditions, such as eye infections, cold sores, acne, and staph infections.
The same is true with using makeup testers. Think of the many complete strangers who may have used the same product testers. So when trying on makeup products in stores, make sure you only apply them on the back of your hand rather than directly on your lips or face.
8. Clean your brushes regularly
Your makeup brushes come into contact with everything that’s on your skin surface, including dirt, oil, and other substances.
Unwashed brushes can do more than damage to your skin. Therefore, make it a habit to clean them every month or as soon as they become too dirty or soiled.
9. Be extra careful when using cosmetics for or near your eye area
There are safety guidelines to follow when applying eye makeup. These include:
- Using only cosmetics meant for use in the eye area. Use eyeliners, not lip liners to apply eye makeup.
- Throwing away cosmetics once you suffer from eye infections.
- Not adding water or any other liquid to mascara, as you may end up adding germs.
10. Practice makeup hygiene
There are simple steps you must follow to ensure hygiene while applying your makeup. These include:
- Always check if your makeup is still okay to use or not yet expired.
- Wash your hands before and after applying your makeup.
- Do not blow on your makeup or brushes.
- Do not share towels with others, especially face towels.
- Clean and sanitize makeup tools after use.
Ensure skin health while using makeup
Makeup is an excellent, non-invasive way of enhancing your beauty and highlighting your best features.
However, when used improperly, it can be a breeding ground for germs. Makeup brushes also have a high chance of transferring pathogens every time they pass over pimples and skin cracks. That said, always check your products and tools before using them to ensure that they are safe to use. More importantly, don’t share them with others!