Lemon water is a refreshing drink that has gained popularity in recent years.
Not only your tastebuds, but your body will enjoy this amazing too. There are some claims that say that this refreshing summer drink carries a number of health benefits in it.
Although it may sound tempting owing to its benefits, one should not exceed a certain limit with anything.
What does lemon water do to your body?
Lemon water is prepared by squeezing fresh lemon in cold or lukewarm water. It is one of the natural “morning drinks,” to start your day refreshingly.
This drink is rich in ascorbic acid, fibers, antioxidants, and flavonoids. Squeezing a single lemon in your drink will provide 31 mg or 51% of RDI (Recommended daily intake) of vitamin C. The compound in this citrus fruit may lower your cholesterol level too.
Owing to its good nutrient profile of lemon and the amazing role of water in life, this combination does amazing things for your body.
It affects the body in many ways,
- It will help in boosting the immune system
- Your body will stay hydrated.
- Lemon water will help in detoxification of toxins.
- Good for skin, it prevents acne, rashes, and wrinkles.
- It will enhance your urine production
Is lemon water good for you?
One or two cups of this refreshing drink daily are not only good for your body but they also make you feel fresh and healthy for your whole day jobs.
Depending on how much you drink a day, it can be either healthy or harmful. Most of the people go for one or two glass in the morning, so that amount is considered safe.
- You will get vitamin C from it.
- This drink will indirectly promote weight loss.
- It helps in maintaining blood pH.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of lemons may help against certain respiratory tract infections.
- Good for hydration and provides nutrients like ascorbic acid, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- Vitamin C plays can improve skin health and improve iron absorption in the body which may protect against anemia.
- It prevents kidney stones by providing citrates to the body.
- Lemon-water may promote cardiovascular health as it decreases vasodilation.
Once you add lemons in water the acidic effect is reduced, yet too much acid in one day is harmful. Some people may also be allergic to lemons.
- Although, lemon water nourishes the skin but applying lemon to the skin may irritate your skin as well as increases the possibility of sunburn, especially in people with light skin colors.
- Its acid content may damage your tooth enamel or create cavities.
- You may experience some gastrointestinal disorders including, nausea, heartburn, and vomiting.
- Some studies over the years have reported a connection between migraines and citrus fruit.
- Its consumption can enhance urination which ultimately can cause dehydration and loss of electrolytes.
Enjoying this drink moderation is fine but using too many lemons is harmful.
Most people use it for weight loss or energy booster, but remember that this drink is not a medicine replacement.